Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“PartsTech is a late stage start up that is making a big impact in the automotive industry. Be a part of something exciting!”
Product Manager (Boston, MA or Hartford, CT)
PartsTech, a leader in automotive e-commerce technology, is looking to add a Product Manager to our growing team. The Product Manager is our liaison between our users, sales and marketing teams, and our development and catalog teams. In this role, you will develop relationships both inside and outside the PartsTech organization, and guide our product development to make our products and services even more valuable and useful to our end users.
PartsTech Product Manager
The role of the Product Manager will require an extremely detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, personable individual with extraordinary communication skills. The ideal candidate is equal parts creative and technical. This role will work with PartsTech’s current and prospective customers to develop, design, and improve products and product workflows. This interaction will include interviews, surveys, on-site observation, and conducting focus groups. The Product Manager is then responsible for understanding the needs of the user, developing solutions around customer feedback and communicating and scoping improvements with the technical, data, and development teams.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to gather product and product workflow feedback through continual customer interaction.
- Manage from concept, design, to implementation and improvement new products and features within the PartsTech offering.
- Communicate and develop messaging around new products and features with marketing team.
- Management of product roadmaps and the prioritization of new features based on customer feedback, demand, and data, analyzing metrics to inform product success.
- Work directly with CTO to take projects from scoping phase to development and prototype.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to articulate the users needs and requirements.
- Candidate must be very organized and detail oriented; keeping track of projects, updates, brands, and catalog data.
- Must be curious, empathetic to the user, with the ability to learn quickly.
- Must be comfortable with change and thrive in fast paced environment (i.e. a venture funded start-up).
- Ability to develop data-driven solutions to unstructured problems, and be willing to iterate until you get it right.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- 4-year college degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of digital product management experience in a software, e-commerce or technology company.
- Ability to create mock-ups / light design work a plus.
- Working knowledge of auto parts and general understanding of automotive repair (will train for the right candidate).
- Proven ability to provide light technical support in the field.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work arrangement. Candidates can split time between home, Cambridge or Hartford offices, depending on location.
- Significant potential for growth, advancement and other opportunities within the company.
About PartsTech Inc.:
PartsTech creates automotive e-commerce technology, helping repair shops, auto part distributors and manufacturers run their businesses more effectively and profitably through e-commerce and data innovation. PartsTech increases efficiency for the automotive aftermarket by connecting repair shops, parts distributors and manufacturers in one seamless, e-commerce platform. We leverage the latest data and technologies to provide an outstanding user experience. PartsTech makes finding and ordering the right parts simple, fast and accurate. PartsTech is privately held, venture-backed, and is located in Cambridge, MA and Hartford, CT.
Or send your resume to email@example.com