Distributor Sales and Account Manager (Hartford, CT)
PartsTech, a leader in automotive e-commerce technology, is looking to add a Distributor Sales and Account Manager to our growing team. The Distributor Sales and Account Manager is responsible for cultivating new relationships, negotiating agreements, and growing existing partnerships with auto parts distributors. In this role, by building new connections to auto parts distributors on the PartsTech platform, you will help make our platform even more valuable and useful to our end users, automotive repair shops.
PartsTech creates automotive e-commerce technology, helping repair shops, auto part distributors and manufacturers run their businesses more effectively and profitably through e-commerce and data innovation. PartsTech increases efficiency for the automotive aftermarket by connecting repair shops, parts distributors and manufacturers in one seamless, e-commerce platform. We make finding and ordering the right parts simple, fast and accurate. PartsTech is privately held, venture-backed, and is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Hartford, CT.
PartsTech Distributor Sales and Account Manager
As the Distributor Sales and Account Manager, you will focus on the sales, onboarding and ongoing account management for auto parts distributors in North America with between 1 and 100 locations. Your goal is to build relationships and drive adoption of PartsTech technology by consulting with our auto parts distributors, learning their needs and pain points, and delivering solutions that will help them better connect with their customers, and ultimately help them drive more sales. This position requires a high level of customer interaction, both remotely via phone, email and web conference and occasionally in person. We’re looking for a driven individual who wants to challenge themselves and be an integral part of a fast moving company in the rapidly automotive changing industry.
- Cultivate new business relationships with auto parts distributors, from lead stage through contract negotiation and implementation.
- Manage a portfolio of current distributor accounts ,strengthening relationships and increasing sales and usage over the long-term.
- Deliver on monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals. Monitor sales metrics and provide periodic reporting on the status of accounts.
- Develop positive, long-term relationships with our distributor partners based on trust and accountability.
- Act as the primary point of contact and liaison between our external distributor contacts and internal stakeholders, including our support, data and technical teams.
- Ensure delivery of timely resolutions to business or technical issues. Assist with requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improve sales performance.
- Proven track record of success in a b2b sales role involving an enterprise software product
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Goal-oriented, highly self-motivated with a strong worth ethic.
- Customer-focused, strong customer service skills
- Candidate must be very organized and detail oriented; ability to manage multiple projects across multiple accounts.
- Must be comfortable with change and thrive in a technology-driven, fast-paced environment (i.e. a venture funded start-up).
- Ability to think on your feet and look for opportunities to help us improve our processes.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (<15%)
- 4-year college degree.
- Prior experience in the automotive industry, particularly wholesale distribution is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org